When a person touches an object/surface contaminated by COVID-19 infected person and then touches his own eyes, nose, or mouth, he may get exposed to the virus.
In case you’re unfamiliar, here’s a quick recap of how to safely remove your gloves:
- Grasp the outside of one glove at the wrist, but be careful not touch your skin.
- Peel the glove away from your body, pulling it inside out.
- Hold the glove you just removed in your other gloved hand.
- Peel off the second glove by putting your fingers inside the glove at the top of your wrist.
- Turn the second glove inside out while pulling it away from your body, leaving the first glove inside the second.
- Throw the gloves into the trash immediately. (Don’t leave them in the store parking lot outside of your vehicle or try to reuse them later.)
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer directly after you’ve removed the gloves.